Have you ever experienced taking your vehicle to the auto repair shop but he told you to take it for a spin on the freeway? If this happens to you then, your diesel particulate filter requires all your attention. It is extremely important to clean diesel particulate filters (DPF) for smooth and fast performance of your vehicle. It is basically designed to remove diesel particulate matter from a truck’s exhaust. The leftover ash present inside the filters builds up and slowly reduces its performance.
Cleaning of DPF should be done under the surveillance of an expert. Whatever is leading to the blockage should always be taken care at the same time. Delay of time can somehow lead to the failure of the whole cleaning process. Before jumping into the reasons let’s just clear our mind by knowing the whole working mechanism of the diesel particulate filter of our vehicle. From regular maintenance to Car air conditioning repair in London, you need to follow a lot of things. By connecting to the best specialist, you can expect the desired results in a limited span of time.
How DPF Works?
DPF is efficient in trapping the harmful particulates so that they can burn off in the future during the whole regeneration process. Your car is made up of an electronic control unit that is efficient in calculating the volume of particulates which indicates when the process to remove them should begin. For the removal of particulate matter, your DPF cleaner should operate above 400 degrees Celsius. It is obvious that your DPF can encounter some basic problems even if your car is perfectly maintained. The warning indicator will let you know to take your vehicle into the repair shop for forced regeneration. This process builds a protection layer on DPF from soot build-up. Most of the vehicles experience this problem in cities, where cars are used frequently but for a shorter distance.
Check out basic tips to mark the working of your DPF:
- Full cleaning of a DPF will gradually enhance the life of the filter and also keep the engine running perfectly without any risk of future breakdowns.
- For effective performance, your DPF should be operating at 100 percent.
- DPF’s with heavy-duty performance require cleaning every 200,000 to 250,000 miles.
- It is highly advisable to inspect and verify DPF for suitable re-use before cleaning.
- Lack of cleaning and DPF maintenance can generate more system regenerations, which could cut short the whole life of the DPF after-treatment system.
- We all are aware that particulate filters are very costly and the best medium to avoid these high expenses by keeping them clean regularly.
When it comes to DPF you should not escape from the truth that your vehicle requires repair after catching clogged filters. Get your DPF clean to stop future problems and experience increased performance. If you are still wondering whether your car requires DPF cleaning and replacement, then let the professionals decide for you. From car servicing to Car Clutch Repair in London, you can take guidance from professionals to increase the performance of your vehicle.